Saturday, January 17, 2009

because a knitting friend asked...

This picture is just a little silliness, result of a conversation with friends when I was very tired.

I need to tell you how cool it is having adult kids living close. Dylan and Kim are here for a fiesta! Randy got tamales from a friend and made some enchiladas. Dylan is in charge of the margaritas. Woo hoo! I wish you were all here.

This morning I was putting clean clothes on hangers and noticed that I tend to choose the hangers that match the clothes I am hanging up. Odd, I know.

Had a conversation with someone yesterday about the stereotypical homeschool family. We listed a bunch of characteristics like long braids, denim jumpers, fifteen passenger vans and dozens of kids. She teaches her own kids at home and I used to, so we weren't being snarky, just observing. She said, "It would be easier to ignore stereotypes if people didn't work so darn hard at living up to them." True or untrue?

3 comments:

  1. I think I may be wrongly PROUD to be atypical, very much on the snobby side, no dresses, short hair, two kids and a classy van of GREAT comfort. My mother ended my part of her Christmas letter with the following, "she lives VERY well outside the box". I have not a clue what that means in her world. In mine I LOVE IT! That is so funny that you found a brain. It's 4:21...I bet I missed the Margaritas. :) I hang damp clothes on padded hangers most like the clothing item. You like your order in the closet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm jealous of your fiesta. I guess I need to get over it since this won't be the last time that you talk about doing fun stuff with Dylan and Kim.
    So, so true about the stereotype thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Caption for your picture: This is your brain without HRP (Hormone Replacement Therapy for those of you too young to have experienced the fuzzy brain syndrome.)

    ReplyDelete