Sunday, February 22, 2009

bad cusser

As soon as I posted the last post I felt awkward, but when I went back to edit it I saw that it was too late. I should have used cartoon cussing @$$#*%! or said poop head. I think if you are going to cuss you should do it with a completely clean conscience but when I do it I feel like I am in fourth grade, trying it out for the first time.

I will try to redeem myself. This morning Brother Al led music. I love his Sinatra renditions and the fact that he chooses old choruses that I haven't thought of in years. I also love that he has a running commentary that is relevant and useful.

Today he said that when God's love is mentioned in the Psalms, it is preceded more than 20 times by the word unfailing. That is such a comfort, not just as a lovee, but as a lover. I fail people all the time in the way that I love them. I'm so glad that the Creator of love has me covered and He does a much better job of it than I do.

I'm not going to stop trying, though. Just thought I should warn you.

2 comments:

  1. LOL....I had to go back and really re-read your last post looking for a cuss word...how funny is that or maybe sad that it took so long to recognize...oh well. Sinatra renditions...that's funny...I always liked when he led...good and simple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have held on to Ps. 32:20-? for some months now and it talks about trusting in His Holy name (and how could you not trust in One who is Holy) and asks for His unfailing love to surround us. I now notice those two phrases - Holy Name and Unfailing Love - and they are a part of my prayers. So cool. ...and your cussword was a quote, wasn't it? At least I laughed out loud and didn't credit you for saying that word:)

    ReplyDelete